(1) The singular boring question: What is your name?
(2) If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
I don't have the faintest idea, but my birth name was actually Sharon
(3) Would you name a child of yours after you?
(4) If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?
I really like the name Melissa
(5) What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
They either call me Carolyn, (which really bugs me since it's LINE like fishing line), or they pronounce my last name Condom
(6) If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?
(7) How easy is it to make you laugh?
Not that difficult, but many people would say that it's even easier to make me blush, and then my whole face turns beat red
(8) What person you know makes you laugh the most?
I'm not sure. It really depends on my mood and the situation
(9) Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't?
Doesn't everybody? SMILE!
(10) Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't?
Who me? Never! SMILE! Of course, but I'd never tell a joke that would intentionally offend someone
(11) What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile?
I know there are some words, but I honestly can't think of any of them right now
(12) What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written?
I know the thing my parents find the funniest happened when I was about 4 years old. My mom had just read me Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and I asked her why Goldilocks didn't take the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. My parents probably still get mileage out of that story. One other thing I used to say when I was a kid, (and when I think back on it now it really does make sense) was "I'm as full as a cow in a blender."
(13) Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching?
Um, no. Not on your life!
(14) What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard?
Well, let's see. How long should I make this entry? Okay, so just a couple. I never liked the song by TLC "Don't go Chasing Waterfalls" because I could never get past the voices I think, and I think the other one I'm thinking about was by UB40 or something "500 Miles) because it just really irritated me. Oh, and one more, I can't stand, to this day, the Macarena (Okay, that's spelled wrong, but I'm sure you'll get the picture if you ever listened to music in the early to mid 90s)!
(15) What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better?
I don't have anything specific, but sometimes artists try to do all kinds of fancy things with their voices and it can sometimes make their words sound muffled to me
(16) What song(s) are constantly in your head?
It depends on what I've heard. Usually if I hear a song, or a reference to a song, that one seems to stick in my head all day. And, have you ever noticed that the songs you seem to memorize the fastest are the ones you don't like?
(17) What song(s) do you think describe your personality best?
Don't Cry Out Loud by Melissa Manchester (If you've never heard it and want to, email me at my email address or at my LJ address on my info page and I'll send it to you).
(18)If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s)would you use?
Hmm. Eternal Flame by the Bangles maybe?
(19)If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s)would you hope he or she used?
Well, that one's easy since it's been done. I Can't Help Falling in Love with You, (the Elvis version)
(20) When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness?
Most definitely taste!
(21) What's your favorite kind of cheese?
I'm not overly picky unless it's Swiss
(22) What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?
I don't know ... I'm kind of cheesy? SMILE!
(23) If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?
I'm not really into Chinese food, and there are just times that I'd rather not think about what I'm eating thank you very much!
(24) Do you ever feel guilty eating meat?
Not on your life! I'd die without it since I'm not a big vegetable eater!
(25) Mac or PC?
(26) How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?
I know enough to replace cards, memory, CD drives/burners, and/or power supplies, but I leave hard drives up to the professionals since they have to be formatted and things.
(27) Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation?
Many times. I feel I'm better at written communication than verbal communication, and there are some things I just can't say in words, but it's easier to write.
(28) Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?
No. I'm picky. Many times I find myself proofreading my IM messages. Okay, so is that sad or what? SMILE!
(29) Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?
The only time was when I put bids on two different external CD burners and won them both. I was able to sell one though, so it turned out all right in the end.
(30) Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender?
Oh yeah! Maybe someday I'll tell my tomboy story, but I'll save that for another entry, and it'll most likely be a friends-only post so if you want to see it get an LJ username! SMILE! There are other times as well.
(31) What do you love most about the other gender?
Good smells, a sense of humor, and a good voice
(32) What do you dislike most about the other gender?
The fact that they have to be so macho all the time and can't always admit when they're wrong
(33) What do you understand least about the other gender?
Why they have to be right all the time or have the last word
(34) Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69?
(35) Were you lying about your answer to the previous question?
(36) Do you actually know your Social Security Number?
Yes, and I think it's important that everyone know their SS number
(37) Do you actually know your IP address?
No, but I know where I can find it if I need it
(38) Do you know what an IP address is?
(39) Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives?
Numbers and acronyms. Way too many letters!
(40) Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?
(41) Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?
(42) If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
I guess I'd be flattered, but wouldn't date them just to be dating someone. been there, done that
(43) Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?
I think it's important to know someone at least fairly well. I think you really need to like a person before you can love them
(44) Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?
That kind of thing doesn't bother me; it's not my family member
(45) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?
I've never really thought about it I guess
(46) What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
To me, sex without commitment, emotional or otherwise, just isn't cool. There are too many scary things that can happen these days
(47) Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?
I don't know, and I honestly don't care. I'm attracted to a person for what they are on the inside, and not what they look like on the outside
(48) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking?
Probably not, overall, but obviously someone looked beyond that. SMILE!
(49) Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?
That's a tough question. There's more to a relationship than sex, but there's an intimacy that you can't share with someone without it.
(50) What do you think about homosexuality?
I feel that everybody is entitled to be with the person they want to be with, whether they are in a same-sex partnership or what society sees as "normal". If two people are in love, who am I to judge them for their feelings? If you find someone, more power to you
(51) What is your favorite possession?
Hmm. I think these days it'd be a toss-up between my Pac Mate and my Book Port
(52) What physical, tangible possession do you want most?
I all ready have a lot more than many, and a lot less than many as well, but when I really stop to think about it I think I'm really lucky. I can't think of anything accept for really trivial things; a chest freezer so that I can stock up on frozen groceries, or a digital recorder, but as I said, those things are really trivial
(53) How badly do you want it?
I can live without them, but if I had the opportunity to get them I probably would try really hard
(54) Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'?
(55) Would you like to be cloned?
No, I don't think the world is ready for more than one of me
(56) Do you wish you could be alive when the world was ending, just to experience it?
I don't know for sure
(57) Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango?
I'm pretty sure this is in reference to the Queen song Bohemian Rhapsody, and I'm guessing that the Fandango is a kind of dance, so the answer is absolutely not
(58) When was the last time you let the people you love know you love them?
I have a hard time with this most of the time. With Jim it's no problem, but with the others it just doesn't really happen
(59) What do you want the people who are reading this survey to know?
That if you're still actually reading this I'm impressed and hope you don't shoot me on site for some of my opinions
(60) Drank Alcohol:
(61) Gotten Drunk:
Oh yeah! That's another friends-only entry though. Are you non-lj users tempted yet? SMILE!
(62) Had Sex:
Um, what do you think?
(63) Dyed Your Hair:
(64) Kissed the Same Sex:
(65) Thought about Killing yourself: Not now.
Yes, but I think most people go through that when they're young
(68) Liked someone way older than you:
Are we talking romantically here? Maybe once, but that was a complete disaster. If we're talking about strictly friends, I like a lot of people who are older than me
(69) Liked someone way younger than you:
If we're talking romantically, I don't think so. Friends, again, yes
(70) Broken a Bone:
I broke my pinky finger in high school during a migraine and it's still not quite straight now
(72) Talked to Strangers:
At times if I need to ask for directions or help with something
(73) Ran Away From Home:
No, unless you count going over to friends houses to avoid certain situations when I was a kid
(74)Did the opposite your parents told you to do/not to do:
Definitely. I probably still do. SMILE!
(75)Sang in public:
(76) Worn a Dress:
Only when I have to. Give me jeans or dress pants any day!
(77) Worn a Tie:
(78) Worn a Suit:
A swim suit maybe ...
(79) Gotten in to a physical fight:
yes, a couple of times I think
(80) Hurt someone emotionally:
Yes, but not intentionally. I try to be really careful with that since I know how it feels
(81) Hurt someone physically:
(82) Made someone cry:
Yes, but again, definitely not intentionally
(83) Said you loved someone:
(84)Said you hated someone:
Yes, but I try to avoid the word "Hate" when talking about people these days, and try to find other words
(85) Talked to a stuffed animal:
I don't remember
(86) Talked to yourself:
Oh yeah, especially when I was a kid
(87) Danced in public:
Yeah, but I try to avoid it
(88)Done pole dancing:
I've done a broom dance. Not quite the same thing I suppose, but hey, it's something, right?
Nothing illegal, only prescribed or over-the-counter medications
(90)Had any piercings in ears or weird places:
(91)Interesting Facts About You:
I think if you're a regular reader of my entries you probably all ready know quite a bit.