Caroline (kittytech) wrote,

Time for An Update

Well, I've been promising this for a while, and I wanted to take a couple of minutes to do it before crazy week number two gets going.

Before I get to that though, I just have to say one thing. I won!!!!!! I won!!!!!!! During the Convention I had ACB Radio Interactive on in the afternoons whenever possible so that I could sort of try to take part in the exhibit hall experience, which just happens to be one of my favorite parts of convention. For I believe two days, they had a contest going with Dolphin and ACB Radio. In order to win the listener had to write in with a couple of pieces of information; the name of a Dolphin product, and all contact information, Name, Address, so on and so forth. Well, I sent in my email and waited... and waited... and waited... but the only announcement I heard was that they had their two winners for the day. I knew my email had gotten through because I got an automated confirmation, but that was it. Well, today I got a message informing me that the prize I had won would hopefully be shipped out this week. So, I actually won something! This doesn't happen often, accept at Alumni Banquets where I can, every once in a while, do pretty good. SMILE! Anyway though, on to my life, such as it is.

I knew last week was going to be nuts, but it was definitely something else! SMILE! Monday was my quietest day, although if I remember right the phone rang pretty much constantly, at least during the morning. Tuesday I had a two-hour install, which actually turned into three hours, followed by two hours of training. I was definitely tired when I got home! Wednesday morning I was at a VA picnic doing product demos, and from there I went directly to a client to do more training. Unfortunately, through no fault of his, most of the work that I had done on Tuesday had gotten lost, so I spent the time fixing that, and making sure that it wouldn't happen again. I left the apartment at 9:00 that morning and got back around 5:30 or quarter to 6. Again, I was completely wiped out. I haven't had to actually use my brain so much in a long time. SMILE! Thursday I was supposed to have two things going on, but I got an email on Wednesday telling me that the second appointment had gotten moved to this Thursday. So, Thursday morning I went to do an on-site software evaluation. This only took me about an hour, but I was still absolutely exhausted so was very unproductive for the rest of the day. Friday morning I took my notes from the evaluation from Thursday and put them into a much more coherent form so that I could send them to my boss. After doing this, I got the news that the KNFB Reader which we are also the dealer for in the state, had arrived. I'll be getting it tonight and will be able to work with it. Maybe I'll put a review up here if enough people are interested. At about noon on Friday we left to go to an appointment that ended up taking until about 5:00. So, that was the rest of my Friday work day, pretty much gone in one shot. Saturday I didn't do much at all, and yesterday I worked with a client. I have just one that I've been working with for a little over two years now, who I will work for on the weekend because it's easier when it comes to transportation. We usually go out for lunch, work for two or three hours, and then I go home, but last night we went out to dinner at a steak place. I got home at about 7:30, and pretty much spent the next little while on this computer working on getting caught up on email, which for some reason seems to be flowing in like water these past couple of days. SMILE!

Anyway, this brings me to my schedule this week. Today I have another three-hour training session with a client, followed by a possible conference call that may or may not be happening. Tomorrow I have another three-hour training session and a laptop that needs to be set up and configured, along with several software programs that need to be installed onto the machine in preparation for an upcoming client. Wednesday I'll be going down to the Wisconsin School for the Visually Handicapped to do some product demos for their adult summer school program. We also hope to see someone else while we're down there after we're done at the school. Thursday I've got that rescheduled appointment from last week in the morning and then I'm going to a Tupperware party in the afternoon/evening. Friday? Well, that's sort of up in the air right now, but most likely I'll be going to spend the night at someone's house because on Saturday I've got a meeting of the Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired and my place is in the wrong direction to get picked up on Saturday morning.

So, that's my weeks in a nutshell. I've got four more weeks until my vacation, and I think they're all going to be quite busy. I'll definitely need my trip to recover. SMILE!!!! So now it's time for me to motivate myself and get ready for the day. More later.

  • It's Time to Change

    Well my subject line says it all. I've been with LJ for several years, and most of that time has been as a permanent member. Sadly, over the last…

  • Trivia for Thursday

    I did not like these questions today! So, the fact that I got my second 10/10 of the week was definitely a nice surprise. Here are the questions.

  • Wednesday Trivia

    8/10 for me today. I don't know my dimes or my war history. Here are the questions.

Comments for this post were disabled by the author