Caroline (kittytech) wrote,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

The Best Laid Plans ...

I said I was going to be gone all day, so why am I writing? Maybe it's because I have this overwhelming urge to write today and decided to stay home. No? Not a good reason? I didn't think so. So, how about the real reason I'm writing an entry at 1:00 in the afternoon on a day when I'm not even supposed to be home.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning because of our nice, kind upstairs neighbor who feels that she needs to run everywhere she goes in her apartment and slam doors. So picture this. I'm on my back. Cally is between my feet, and as soon as I woke up Taz comes up and starts walking around on my stomach purring. Okay, 8 pounds is 8 pounds, and he's got boney feet. So that's my morning wake-up call. I figured that by 10 minutes to 7 it was time to get up.

I went through my normal morning routine, and actually even ate breakfast for a change, figuring that I'd be gone for most of the day and wouldn't get lunch until after I was done working with this guy. At about 8:15 my cell phone rang and it was my driver telling me that he was going to be a little late. No problem, I knew we'd still make it on time. My driver is a retired truck driver, so he's really familiar with timelines and things.

So, he came, and we took off. We ended up arriving at exactly 10:00, so we were right on schedule. Last week when I set up this appointment with this person he mentioned to me that he was having a problem with his computer. I figured it was no big deal and really didn't give it another thought. So, I got there, and went to start working with him. My driver was still there because he wanted to make sure I was set before he took off, and it's a really good thing he stuck around. As it turned out, there was a problem with one of the three (yes, three), hard drives that this guy had. I was able to get past the problem and get the computer to work, but it was determined that it was going to have to go in for repair. So, he didn't want to go through the training until the computer had been fixed. So, I went down there for about an hour only to turn around and come home. Oh well, tomorrow won't be this way, and Thursday definitely won't be a bad day. SMILE!

Anyway, I decided that I needed to treat myself after all this. On the way home we went through McDonalds and I bought food for Jim and myself. In addition to all the traditional stuff, burgers and fries, I decided to treat us to a little something more. Jim got a chocolate shake, and I, being a bit wacky and eccentric, got a strawberry banana shake. So, that was our lunch, and I've been sitting here at my desk ever since.

I was just emailed some documents for Thursday's Pac Mate Day that I need to format and emboss. I've kind of become a perfectionist when it comes to braille documents, and have done some major customization of Duxbury styles. So now it's just a matter of importing the documents and working on them. I think I really should start that now because when 5:00 comes around I'm going to go do something completely and totally irresponsible. What's that you're probably asking? Well, I can't tell you because I really don't have the faintest idea. SMILE! Later!
Tags: food, work

  • Voice Post

    Voice post translation just can't do this entry justice. Welcome to my world of technology work today. I'm configuring a computer with a speech…

  • Need Your Feedback

    Hi everyone. Want to help me do my job? Great! I thought you would. So, here's the deal. (Sorry, no monetary compensation will be given for helping…

  • Morning

    Hey everyone. Well, last night wasn't too bad. I got to sleep right away even without a book, and actually slept pretty good considering it was an…

Comments for this post were disabled by the author