Caroline (kittytech) wrote,

My Overdue Entry

Okay, so my cell phone battery is dead, my laptop battery is charged, and I'm in the middle of a tornado watch, so I've switched to the laptop and it's extremely good battery. I've been meaning to post a real entry for several days, but it's been totally crazy with work, and this is the first time I've actually felt like sitting in front of a computer to do something other than work or whatever. And, it really helps that I've got tomorrow off because I've all ready put in my allotted hours for the week so I've begun a three-day weekend. Yeehaa!!!!!

So, let's see, where to start. I think the last time I wrote I was going to be going to a picnic and things. Well, I actually ended up taking a really quick trip out of town for a night. After my meeting on Saturday I really didn't feel like going home, and since a friend of mine was going to come and pick me up Sunday morning anyway, we just decided that I should come and spend the night at her house. So, I packed a bunch of stuff and took off. Sunday was her birthday, and we had a good time just hanging out. We started off the day by going to the baptism of one of the cutest 6-month-olds around. He was one of nine babies that day, and he was the only one who wasn't screaming. He's so close to crawling now, and I'm absolutely loving the chance to watch him grow. Every day there's something new.

Anyway, so after that we went to the nursing home where my friend's sister is currently staying and spent a little time there before we went to watch the baby's gifts being opened. We came back here after that and picked up someone else. We wanted to go out to eat and then we were going to hit Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, nobody really had any idea where we wanted to go, so we kind of just drove around until we found a place that sounded good. We ended up at Ponderosa. I haven't been there in years and I forgot how good their prices were. I ended up getting a steak and chicken dinner with a baked potato, and of course their salad bar. So, after stuffing myself and taking a lot of the food with me, we headed out to Wal-Mart. The person that we picked up was interested in purchasing XM radio, and we were bound and determined that we were going to find the AudioVox Xpress, which is the radio that I have. The first Wal-Mart we tried had the home kit but not the radio itself. So we went to another one and they had the radio itself. We all got some other things and then came back here. By the time I got to bed it was about 11:30, and I had to be up at 5:30 the next morning. It was a great day, and once I finally wound down enough to sleep I totally crashed.

Monday morning came way to soon, and I had to get up. I left here at 6:30 for a ride that should have taken about two hours or so. Unfortunately that didn't happen quite the way we'd hoped. We had a lot of rain Sunday and into Monday, and we ran into a place in the interstate that was actually closed down due to flash flooding. It took us an hour just to drive 5 miles, and by the time we got to my 8:30 appointment it was closer to 10:30. I was so tired that I pretty much fell asleep on the way up there, and then broke my no caffeine rule once I got their and had a Mountain Dew just to keep myself going. By the time I got back home it was about 3:00 or so, and my brain was toast. My day wasn't done though. I had a computer delivered to me later that night and I needed to get JAWS installed on it. It was a Vista machine that we were going to be using for Tuesday's staff meeting. So, of course, once I got JAWS installed I had to sit and play for a while. My initial impression of Vista is good, and I was really happy to see that the Windows Solitaire game is now totally accessible right out of the box. I know, I'm hopelessly addicted to Solitaire. SMILE!

So Tuesday was the staff meeting. I was picked up at about 7:30 that morning, and was in the office until about 5:30 that night. Fortunately, on the way home my boss drove me to my bank so that I could deposit my paycheck into the night deposit box. I got home and was too tired to really do much.

Wednesday was my longest day of all, and involved a lot of travel. I left again at 6:30. I had to go back up to where I was on Monday, but before going there I had to go up almost to the Michigan border, and in fact we accidentally crossed into Michigan because my driver went too far. We got there about an hour late due to major traffic delays and a semi that had flipped over. It completely blocked a lane, so traffic was pretty much crawling. We stopped on the way and grabbed some breakfast, (gotta love those McGriddles!) That was nothing more than a JAWS install, and it was one of the most difficult installs I've ever done. This person had a computer that her daughter will be taking with her to college in the fall, yet her rehab counselor insisted that speech be installed. It was difficult though because there were multiple accounts, and I had to figure out which one had administrative rights. Her daughters account ended up being the one that I had to use. Then, whatever they're using for their security software kept getting in the way and it was driving me crazy. After almost an hour I managed to get everything installed, activated, and registered. There was only one other time that I had a hard time with an installation like this, and that was because of extremely rigid security settings on a business network. So, once I left there we went back to where I was on Monday. By the time I got their I was starting to have trouble thinking, and I was ready to stop. I did manage to get through the three-hour training session though, and we got a lot accomplished. I got home at 7:00 PM and pretty much went to bed immediately.

Today was a lot more sane. I didn't have any appointments, but I did have a few things to do. I had to transfer files from someone's old Braille 'N Speak onto a new unit. I wasn't sure how that was going to go, but it went extremely well.

So, that's my week. I'm really glad for the three days off now, and I intend to try to relax and enjoy myself. On Saturday night I'm going to have a lot of fun. I'm going to a concert where Colin Ray and Diamond Rio will be performing. I love Colin Ray, so I'm really excited about this. It's going to be great!

Well, my brain is telling me to stop writing an get ready for bed. My Book Port batteries died this afternoon so I have to get up anyway to get a new set of batteries off the charger, but Cally is curled up by my feet using me for a pillow and I really hate to disturb her. When she jumped up a little while ago I noticed that her front paws were wet. This means that she went for a swim in her water bowl again. I just don't understand her! SMILE!

Anyway, I'm going to go away for now and go to bed. Tomorrow's another day, even if I don't have to work, and I want to try to catch up on sleep. Later everyone.

  • It's Time to Change

    Well my subject line says it all. I've been with LJ for several years, and most of that time has been as a permanent member. Sadly, over the last…

  • Trivia for Thursday

    I did not like these questions today! So, the fact that I got my second 10/10 of the week was definitely a nice surprise. Here are the questions.

  • Wednesday Trivia

    8/10 for me today. I don't know my dimes or my war history. Here are the questions.

Comments for this post were disabled by the author